Yields : 4 rolls or 32 pieces Serving size: 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups short grain white rice, cooked
- 1/ 4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 cucumber, cut into long strips
- 1/ 2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/ 2 green bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1/ 2 zucchini, cut into long strips
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine sugar, salt and red wine vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Place cooked rice in a bowl.
- Pour mixture over the rice.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Spread rice on a parchment paper and let cool.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of your sushi mat.
- Spread rice evenly on the sushi mat.
- Line cucumber, avocado, bell pepper and zucchini on the bottom part of the rice.
- Roll the mat and press to compact.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make four rolls.
- Slice each roll into eight pieces.
Nutritional Content per Serving:
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbs: 4.9g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 295mg